Monday, November 29, 2010

More silversmithing in Argentina





These photos are of me in jewelry making action. Once Lindsay and I finally got settled into our apartment and got to work we were busy hammering metal. It was a challenge - trying to keep up with our work at the farm and still find time to be creative and have somewhat of a social life!

My favorite picture is of the pitch bowl- it looks so fresh and ready to have a piece of metal plunked in there and be hammered into - repousse style !!!

The bird pendant is still not finished and I just wish that I was sitting beside my teacher Nacho (www.taxcosilver-nacho.blogspot.com) when I pick up the hammer again as I have a few questions about wing-making to ask him- He is such a pro and makes it seem so easy when you are watching him but I will try to get back to my piece within the next few weeks - Then I will post a photo of the finished piece !

No comments: