Thursday, February 26, 2009

After A Fashion Column -The Austin Chronicle Feb 26, 2009




The fashion columnist for the Austin Chronicle (Stephen Moser) wrote about the fabulous jewelry pieces that I loaned him last weekend for the Ballet Ball in Houston, TX. Here are photos of the two pieces that he wore -
(both made by Nacho Gomez-my silversmithing teacher in Mexico )
You can get to my blog about all of the pieces made by this Master Metalsmith by following this link .
http://taxcosilver-nacho.blogspot.com

I will be representing Nacho Gomez and his work as well as my own designs during the SXSW Music Festival at Blackmail.(March 20-22)

Here is a clip from Stephens column:
"I especially like going to big events in Houston because no one there has seen all my outfits and jewelry. I wore black leather and cashmere with a white fur; my jewelry was on loan to me by the talented designer Shayna Weeden (www.shaynajewelry.blogspot.com), who was repping this particular collection for her teacher, Nacho Gomez. I'd fallen in love with the jewelry upon seeing it – enormous life-sized iguanas, horny toads, and other reptilian motifs whose tails wrapped around the neck and wrists in chunky silver. Girded by such fearsome accessories, I felt every bit ready to cause a sensation when I entered."

http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase/Issue/column?oid=oid%3A748844

No comments: